GENESIS32 Scripting and Automation
Course Number: TR-GEN32-202
Duration: 2 Days
This is a two-day course dedicated to scripting and automation in the GENESIS32™ environment. Learn to use Microsoft® VB and VBA Scripting with GENESIS32 modules, including GraphWorX™32, TrendWorX™32 and AlarmWorX™32. The ScriptWorX™32 module is thoroughly reviewed.
What You Will Learn in Class:
• Learn automation interfaces available in GraphWorX32, AlarmWorX32, and TrendWorX32.
• Learn to use ScriptWorX32 to organize scripts in a project environment for use with GENESIS32.
• See and use VB and VBA script examples, as well as how to create your own custom commands.
1. Introduction: VBA as provided with GENESIS32
2. When to use scripts in general
3. When to use VB script/J script
4. Compiling and Execution
5. OLE Automation overview in GENESIS32 modules
6. Review of Methods/Functions, Properties, Events
7. OLE Automation on ActiveXs
8. GraphWorX32 Viewer & Display Automation
9. AlarmWorX32 Viewer Automation
10. AlarmWorX32 Report Automation
11. AlarmWorX32 Server Automation
12. AlarmWorX32 Logger Automation
13. TrendWorX32 Viewer Automation
14. TrendWorX32 Logger Automation
15. TrendWorX32 Report Application Automation
16. ScriptWorX32 Automation
17. DataWorX32 Server Automation
18. Security Server Automation
19. Accessing GENESIS32 from outside applications
20. Writing Custom Events to GenEvents Server
21. Script Wizards
Who Should to Attend:
Professionals who are productive GENESIS32 developers, and who want to take their projects to the next level using the automation interfaces and scripting tools available in GENESIS32.
A working knowledge of object-oriented programming using Microsoft Visual Basic® is essential, plus completion of TR-GEN32-101 or equivalent GENESIS32 project experience.
To book a place on this training, please select a date from the scheduled training courses listed in the right pane.Training Cancellation Policy
You may cancel your registration provided you notify ICONICS by emailing email@example.com
at least 10 business days in advance of the first day of the class. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
. In the event you cannot cancel your registration within the allowed timeframe, you will be responsible for the full charges of the class. In this case, you will be able to attend another comparable ICONICS class over the immediately following four-month period.